Full day experience 10am to 3-4pm (approximately)
Leanne will meet with you at Wollombi Cultural Centre at 10:00am, where you will learn about Aboriginal artefacts and their uses, weaving with yarning. You will then depart the centre on a "tag along tour" up to Finchley Trig, Map Site and Turkey Site
Learn about how Mt Yengo came to be and how it is considered as sacred to Aboriginal people of NSW as Uluru is the central desert people. Then spend a couple of hours at the Map Site learning the little lore stories of this local area.
We return to Wollombi approximately 3 to 4pm
You will experience:
- Smoking ceremony
- Bush tucker walk and talk
- Site interpretation
- Yarning and more
- Light refreshments only.
- Bring your own light lunch (please minimise waste and excess packaging)
- Catering of lunch can be provided by the local cafe in Wollombi, Myrtle & Stone
What should I bring?
- We suggest a lightweight backpack with snacks, water, sunscreen and a hat
- Please pack wet-weather gear if there's a chance of rain
- Binoculars for bird watching
- With many photo opportunities along the way, we encourage you to bring a camera
- Please see our FAQs for more details
How to book?
- Minimum of 2 are required, with a maximum of 10 people
- Tours are confirmed 48 hours to departure date
- Dietary needs can be catered for with plenty of notice
To book, simply select the dates to complete your booking.